The 2015 Salvatore Martirano Memorial Composition Award. Eligibility: Any composer, regardless of age or nationality is eligible.
Previous winners, faculty, and currently-enrolled students at the University of Illinois are ineligible for the competition.
1. Medium: Full scores of any style or aesthetic direction for one to fifteen performers (including vocalists) may be submitted. Works for electronics and/or mixed media (including video), with or without instruments and voices, are eligible.
2. Duration: 20 minutes maximum
3. Limit: One entry per composer
4. Entry fee: A non-refundable entry fee of twenty US dollars (20.00 USD) is paid online at the time of submission. All major credit cards are accepted.
5. Anonymous Submission: The composer’s name must not appear on the score or in any accompanying materials submitted online.
First Prize cash award of $1000 and second prize cash award of $500 plus performances by the University of Illinois Modern Ensemble in September of 2015 at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Additional awards and performances may be given at the discretion of the judges.
For more information and to submit scores go to: